We may ask for your name, telephone number, home address, email address and age for competitions, prizedraws, or newsletter sign ups. When a purchase is made on our site, in addition to the above, we also ask for delivery address, and payment method details. We may obtain information about your usage of our Website to help us develop and improve it further through online surveys and other requests.
We will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission, but we cannot be responsible or held liable for the actions of third party sites from which you may have linked or been directed to the Charmeuse Couture website.
We fully appreciate and respect the importance of privacy on the internet. We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where it is part of providing a service to you, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Charmeuse Couture.
One of the purposes for which we may disclose your address and zip code details is to check against the IMRG Security Alert or any other Fraud Prevention Scheme. We may also disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES SITES
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
- for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
- to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make when you return to visit this website;
- to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns; and
- to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
You can enable or disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to accept or reject cookies as required. How to do this will depend on the browser you use. We have provided further information below on how to check which browser you use and how to manage cookies. Please bear in mind that if cookies are not enabled on your computer, your activities will be restricted to browsing this website and you will not be able to add products to your shopping bag and buy them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6,7,8
• Go to ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window. Select ‘Internet options’. Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
• Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below to enable cookies
• Go to ‘Tools’ and select Options
• Click the Privacy icon
• Click on Cookies and choose ‘allow sites to set cookies’
• Go to ‘Tools’ and select Options
• Click ‘Under the Hood’ and select the ‘Content settings’ button within the ‘Privacy’ section
• Choose ‘Allow local data to be set’
Safari on OSX
• Click ‘Safari’ and select ‘Preferences’
• Click ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
• Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ and select ‘Preferences’
• Find ‘Cookies’ under ‘Privacy & Security’
• Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
Microsoft Internet Explorer on OSX
• Click ‘Explorer’ and select ‘Preferences’
• Find ‘Cookies’ under ‘Receiving Files’
• Select ‘Never Ask’
• Click ‘Menu’ and select ‘Settings’
• Select ‘Preferences’ and then ‘Advanced’
• Select ‘Accept cookies’
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|Google Analytics||Information on the traffic of the website.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
How to delete or disable cookies?
We strongly recommend you do not delete or disable cookies as this will affect your browsing experience with us, especially when trying to add products to your basket for checkout.
If you do want to delete or disable them, you will need to go into you web browsers settings/preference and do this from there. Each browser has different settings to manage these and you may need to read through your browsers Help section. More information can be found at http://www.aboutcookies.org/